In Years 4,5 and 6, we currently learn French. We teach this using "Language Angels" which is an interractive on-line learning programme. It aims to equip our children with the four key language learning skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing), ready for their transition to secondary school.
The Language Angels system links our teaching to the 12 attainment targets set out in the DfE Languages Programme of Study for Key Stage 2.
For more information click the link www.languageangels.com
“Extra-curricular French Club, all ages, with Aurore Chatron Michaud”
We are also lucky enough to have an extra-curricular French Club, run weekly by Aurore Chatron-Michaud who follows the award-winning La Jolie Ronde programme.
Aurore says " Here's how pupils' benefit:
- Classes are packed full of exciting activities including storytelling, music, playing games and having lots of fun, whilst learning.
- Aurore is native French so pupils listen, copy and learn with an authentic accent.
- French Club classes support and complement our curricular classes at school.
- Enables pupils to gain a head start and develop an enthusiasm for languages early on.
- Classes are small so pupils receive plenty of attention.
- Each pupil receives their own high quality activity book and use of the Media App so they can continue learning at home and parents can see how well their child is progressing."
Aurore can be contacted on email@example.com